Tuesday, July 17, 2012

In every womans life, there is a girl she left behind

Forgive me for my lack of blogging.
This life of mine has been tied up && busy doesn't describe it.

For the past few weeks I've been prep-ing for a baby shower, a gender reveal party
&& a weekend trip with my middle school girl friends that is ALL happening NOW.
Saturday was the baby shower which turned into a complete success. {Blog post hopefully next week} The Gender Reveal is pretty much ready for TOMORROW - I can not wait!
&& Thursday morning starts my weekend with girls I haven't seen in y.e.a.r.s!
On top of all that, I've been keeping my nieces for the past two weekends - Wow!
It's been really awesome however it's definitely birth control. && I say that in a really awesome way! Oh how I love being an Aunt, I'm not ready to be 24/7 on call! :)
So my apologies for not stopping by all of your blogs && visiting, I've barely had time to
sit to write anything on this ole blog of mine.
On to Thursday...

It's kind of like the movie, Now & Then -
or that's what I think of it anyway...



"In every womans life, there is a girl she left behind"
-Now & Then
Ever think of what your old girlfriends are up to now?
Maybe you are friends with some of them or keep up with them on FB
or Twitter but have you ever thought of planning a weekend get away?

Yeah? Well me too!
Months && Months ago, probably almost a year ago
I got this crazy idea in my mind && thought the girls would think I was NUTTSO if I mentioned us all meeting up.

One thing led to another - I FB everyone {together} &&
here we are ... only three days shy of spending  FOUR days together at the beach
in Florida.

I go WAY back with this group of girls.
I grew up with these girls, we were so young - wild && carefree!

Weekend after weekend of slumber parties && shaving cream fights.
Calling boys or even hours of prank calling...
It's gonna be so.much.fun to play catch up!

Kacie & Sarah still live in Richmond Hill as I moved after my 8th grade
year {2000} to the country side of the county. We are the only Georgians!
Kacie and I have been friends since we were three and four years old. We lived across the
street from one another - she took me deep sea fishing. We have that friendship that you can go months or even years without a good play date & then reconnect as if no time was ever wasted.

&& Sarah and I see each other every year at the annual Seafood Festival but we don't really get to "catch up". It's more of like a run & hug.. stare at you/stare at me with the biggest smile on you face kinda thing. I smile thinking of her because...
Gosh, there are just memories that I want to talk about. {I'm cheesing from ear to ear}

Mallory now lives in Charleston, SC && I can't wait to see what brought
her there and what she's doing now. I haven't seen or come close to seeing Mallory
in several years. We chat on FB but it's not the same.

Kim who I've gone the longest without seeing {13 years} && I'm SO excited to see -
I actually keep up with her on FB a good bit so I know what's shes doing or where she's at but still.. there is SO much to catch up on. Kim is flying from Texas, in which she moved there the summer going into 8th grade, maybe even a few weeks after 8th grade started.
We were really close back in the day.

Leanne, oh my lea-lea! Leanne came to RH in 6th grade {she's the sweetest army brat ever with the coolest family}, we became friends immediately! She & I left the same time{summer going to 9th grade}. Leanne moved to Louisiana however since then, she's moved back to her home state of Wisconsin where her family is now && this past September {reason she missed my wedding, so sad but understood} she went back to college for more education & a different degree - in Alabama. I'm picking her up Thursday evening from the JAX airport! Ekkk!
Leanne & I were so close && have seen each other on a handful of trips to GA & LA
here and there. It's been about... 5 years since I've seen her if not longer.
I don't think I've ever cried so hard on that last day with her... seriously.
I think it should have been in a movie. I did not want her to go - I'm sad thinking of it.

Sara - Ohhhh Keenan {her last name} & I have had some memories.
She was my sidekick who I have the most hilarious memories with. We were BAD.
She was my daredevil friend - we all stayed at Keenan's house EVERY.WEEKEND.
We played hard & had many adventures. I see her here & there but haven't played catch up in years. Keenan visits RH often but lives in Tennessee, where all her family lives.
We go way back. I can NOT wait to bring up some stories with this girl.
I think we all may or may not piss our pants with some of the memories I have tucked away. I egged my first & last house with this girl...
Yes... I know, so so so so so so bad! {I'm hiding my face}

Delia - We definitely keep up on FB however it's been years since I've seen her.
Delia & I became friends in the later years of Middle School. After my parents split -
I moved into another neighborhood in which brought me to meeting Delia.
I can't wait to play catch up!  Oh wait... Delia lives in RH also. I think?
I know she is a Georgian also && if not in RH, she's close to it.

&& I'm sure all of these ladies have many many more memories
and things to "remember when..." and to say the word excited - it's an understatement!
It's gonna be kick ass to be around them all && spend four days with them.
I haven't looked this forward to something since the week of our wedding!

I'll be on my way to Amelia Island around 8:15am on Thursday morning...
until then I'll be packing && preparing for the GR party that I'm stoked about!
Can't wait to share all the details.

Peace out. Happy Tuesday.


























8 comments:

Megan at Megan Can said...

I love the movie Now & Then! That's so great that you have stayed in contact with those girls since middle school! That's the definition of true friends! Hope you have a great day!

Nicole said...

You will have a blast! I barely talk to friends from high school, let alone middle school! Props to you for keeping in touch with them!

Karen Mortensen said...

What a great idea. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been one busy lady!
That is so awesome that you guys are all planning to get together, especially on a beach in Florida! Lucky ;)

shay said...

Love that your still in touch with girls from your childhood. that is awesome.

now and then is one of my favorite movies. its so cool to see how they changed over the years.

i nominated you for a blog award! check out my blog to see it. http://shayssilverlinings.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awesome!

lori said...

i am so excited for you! this should be SO fun. can't wait to hear all about it!!

and i'm sending out an email about the blate. so check it out when you're not so busy having fun ;)

Pink and Green Mom said...

Aww, that sounds like so much fun! Hope you have a great weekend!